The book that I think started it all was the "The Faith" by Charles Colson. I really liked this book because it reminded me what the foundation points of my faith were. It was not an easy read but a good one.
Then I read "90 Minutes in Heaven" by Don Piper. This is a true story about a guy that spent 90 minutes in heaven after he was in a car accident. He talks about his time in heaven and then what his recovery process was like and how his relationship with God changed. It was a very easy read, I think I read it in about two days.
Number three was "Marley and Me" by John Grogan. This was another easy read, again I think that it only took me a couple of days. I found myself laughing out loud a lot...and it made me realize that my dog really isn't that bad. On a side note, the library only had the large print addition so it felt really good to read 400+ pages in only a couple of days. :)
And then there was "The Marketing of Evil" by David Kupelian. The was not an easy read. The author had a lot of statics in it and at times it didn't really flow. I found that I had to re-read stuff and really focus on what I was reading. It was also a hard read because a lot of what this guy talked about made me MAD. Sometimes it was because of the way society is going and how they view things VERY differently than me and then there were times when the author was a little to conservative for me.
My favorite book was "The Shack" by William P. Young. It is a fiction book about a guy that meets the Trinity in a shack where a tragic event happened (yes this is a vague description...I don't want to give the book away). The author really made me think about how I view God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. There were times that I needed to remind myself that I was really a fiction book but it definitely personalized the Trinity. Hands down I would recommend this is anyone (and I got it from Costco!).
Our small group is reading "The Case for Faith" by Lee Strobel We are not finished with it yet but I am enjoying it. Strobel has discussions with experts in different areas like evolution and creation. I never realized how many "holes" there are/were in Darwin's Theory(ies). Some of the chapter titles are "God Ins't Worthy of Worship If He Kills Innocent Children" and "A Loving God Would Never Torture People in Hell".
The two books that I am trying to read right now are "The Importance of Being Foolish" by Brennan Manning and "Bringing Up Boys" by James Dobson
Wow, I can't believe that I have read so many books...go me!

1 comment:
I loved The Shack too. I keep thinking that I want to do a book review on it on my blog (because it totally kicks Twilight's butt) but I want to read it again before I do. I read it really fast too, because it was so dang good, but I feel like I missed stuff.
Post a Comment