First off, if you are surprised at the number of posts that I have done so far it is largely do to the fact that Adam is out of town and Wyatt goes to sleep at 7:30. Plus, there is the newness factor.
So...on to the point of this post. There is a new song (or at least new to me) out by Brandon Heath called "Give Me Your Eyes". (Here is a link to the lyrics.) The chorus of the songs says:
Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
Ones that are far beyond my reach.
Give me your heart for the ones forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see
Yeah
Yeah
The more I listen to this song the more it makes me stop and think. Do I really want to see what God sees? Yes, I want to want to love people like He does. Yes, I want to see people and not judge them unjustly. Yes, I want to see God's glory through unfiltered eyes. I want to be physically changed like Moses was after God showed him His glory (Exodus 33 & 34). But on the other hand I don't want to be even more saddened by the state of our world? I can't even imagine how broken hearted God is at times because there are times that I feel so broken hearted that I feel helpless. I am sure that the good would outweigh the bad but still...Am I the only one that feels this way? Does this even make sense? What do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think want i take from it, is that we are to have "compassion" for our hurting world. If we see the world through Jesus' eyes, I think our hearts, actions and thoughts would be greater. We would serve without fear, love without the expectation of something in return, forgive people so that peace would reign in our lives. It's hard for us to fathom because we're not Jesus. But the more we're submerged in His word and in prayer... the more likely we are to be like Him.
-Mindi
That is funny... not haha... anyways... Jim just sent me a youtube video where the guy gets all upset over the way people are... judging them... then this guy hands him glasses to put on, when he does, he gets to see the peoples heart ... I will try and post it on my blog... I havent learned how to do that yet ... nice post.... I like it
Post a Comment