Sunday, October 5, 2008

Date Night Ideas

I am in need of (cheap) date night ideas. On Friday night Adam and I went with some friends down to Denver to see a bunch of art galleries. I realized that I am not one for crowds or art. On the way home Adam and I were talking about the art and we have completely different tastes. Needless to say, I am not adding this to my great date night idea list. BUT, thank you to my wonderful in-laws for watching Wyatt.

Then tonight we all went out to dinner (yes to Efrain's) and it was quite the experience. We were in the middle of enjoying our green chili and then we hear the people next to us go "Ohhhh!". We look at Wyatt and he totally got sick...not just spit up. Dang, why didn't I restock the diaper bag with an extra outfit. Oh well. Um waiter...can we have a five inch stack of napkins? So, after the heartless parents finish their dinner we head home. As Adam is getting Wyatt out of the car seat he gets overwhelmed with "the smell"...yes a blowout diaper smell. It is all hands on deck diaper change/bath and we are both trying to not get sick ourselves. I am just grateful that Adam is home for this blowout and the dog isn't trying to help "clean" Wyatt. Yuck!

Oh, why do I not feel good. :(

So, needless to say, we need some date night ideas.

1 comment:

petiteblogger said...

Just wait until this is your idea of a date night- we usually go to Super Walmart to shop and eat at Subway... we enjoy pretty much anything if it means we're together without kids! :) But, we have done dinner & a movie recently and that's been so fun! Not cheap, however...
I've been saving coupons for 2 for 1 meals at fun restaurants that I see in the newspaper in case we get the chance to go out again any time soon!
I'm interested to see what other people do...